Human Resource Management Directorate
Duties and Responsibilities
The following are some of the major duties and responsibilities of the office:
- The directorate shall, based on its strategic plans, study, and implement short, medium and long-term human resource plans
- The HRM directorate shall prepare monthly, quarterly, semiannual reports to the concerned body.
- The directorate shall work vacant positions to be filled through promotion or recruitment in accordance with human resource plans
- The directorate shall prepare national criteria and parameters to establish eligibility system whereby candidates for vacant positions shall be recruited
- The office writes reference supportive letters whenever the employees requested for process
- As per rules and regulations of the University, the office takes disciplinary measurements on employees who miss regular attendances
- For the staffs who win scholarship, the office assists winners to fill contractual agreement
- The office works dedicatedly to maintain the safety and health of civil servants and follows the proper use of safety devices and materials
- The office works to ensure a free employment injury workplace and promptly takes corrective measures that would enhance the productivity of employees
- Regarding permanent and temporary employees, the office shall keep relevant personnel data organized in a modern way
- The office shall grant annual leave within the budget year in accordance with a leave made known to the civil servants and leave plans
- Based on gap analysis assessment , the office prepares, and facilitates professional trainings
- At the end of each month pay salary by thoroughly assessing monthly attendances
- For academic staff as per criterias on the academic legislation are fulfilled, the office assists staffs to fill and extend study leave contractual agreement
- To meet the standards of Customer satisfaction, the HRM directorate always strive to provide excellent service for both internal and external customers
The incumbent must have proficient knowledge in the following areas:-
- Human resource management
- Job descriptions
- Performance review methods and techniques
- Staff training, development and recognition,
- Mentoring and coaching,
An understanding of Civil Service Proclamation, directives, as well as relevant legislation, policies and procedures.
MANDATE OF HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT DIRECTORATE
- Implement policies, strategies, laws and directives issued regarding Civil Service Administration;
2. When directed by the institution, under takes studies of organizational structure and staffing plan in accordance with the directives on the classification of position issued by the Federal Public Service& Human Resource Development (FPS HRDM) Minister to enable it to achieve institutional goals.
3. Implement salary, different types of allowances & incentives issued by Federal Public Service & Human Resource Development Minister;
4. Prepare and submit human resource needs of the institution to respective bodies, implement and follow up same up on approval ;
5. Implement employment, placement, promotion, transfer, performance appraisal and disciplinary measures of Civil Servants in accordance with laws and directives;
6. Implementing enabling directives for women, handicaps and members of nationalities comparatively less represented in the government office that enhance their employment opportunity and participation in dealing with civil servants affairs and follow up its implementation;
7. Execute staff regular working hours, overtime work and different leaves as of civil service proclamation 515/2007.
8. Introducing staff obligations and ethics expected from staff of the University.
9. Conduct training needs assessment of the institution’s employees with a view to make employees training effective, implement same up on approval, supervise its implementation;
10. Ensure that the work place does not cause hazards to the health and safety of employees and proposes to provide them with protective devices and materials and give them instructions on their usage;
11. Organize uniform human resource data management of the institution, collect and organize statistical data regarding employees of the institution and disseminate to the concerned bodies of the institution;
12. Present service extension request of employees beyond retirement age to Federal Public Service & Human Resource Development Minister, follow up its final decision and implement same up on approval.
13. Provide consultancy services on Human Resource Management issues.
Provide quality human resource services to attract, develop, motivate and retain a diverse work force within a supportive work environment. We do this with an emphasis on customer based service delivery on consultation and communication with members of AASTU Community. The HRMD is also committed to support and to implement HRM policies, strategies, laws and directives issued by Federal Public Service & Human Resource Development Minister aimed at ensuring good governance and operational excellence.
The vision of HRMD is to share AASTU’s vision, core values and motto:
“AASTU shall be the first choice in Ethiopia and a premier center of excellence in Engineering ,Applied Science and Technology in Africa by 2025.”
- Honesty and integrity
Transparency and accountability
• Respect for rule of law
• Sense of belongingness and ownership
• Great respect for our works and delivery services
• Professional ethics
• Nurturing diversity
• Impartially serve the customer & stake holders
• Promote meritocracy
• Excellence in service delivery
WORKERS’ PROFILE ACADEMIC
|የሀገር ውስጥ መ/ራን||
የውጪ ሀገር መ/ራን
|ረዳት ሌክቸረር /BSc/||
|ሁለተኛ ዲግሪ||ሦስተኛ ዲግሪ|
WORKERS’ PROFILE ADMINISTRATION
|የአስተዳደር ሰራተኞች||ፕሮጀክት ሰራተኞች||የኮንትራት ሰራተኞች||
Office:- 0118 960787 / 0118267922