Public and International Relations Directorate
Welcome to the Public and International Relations Office of Addis Ababa Science and Technology University (AASTU).
Addis Ababa Science and Technology University’s Public and International Relations Directorate is an Office that is accountable to the President. The Directorate is entrusted with the responsibility of designing and managing the overall communication of AASTU. This Directorate is also responsible for all the University’s Public and International activities.
Public and International Relations Directorate envisions Addis Ababa Science and Technology University to implement communication policies, procedures, and strategies that demonstrate the university’s commitment to national and global responsibility by the year 2025.
Public and International Relations Directorate has a mission to build the image of the university through developing communication strategies, policies, and procedures to govern the distribution of information to employees of AASTU, media, government and public.
Our core values are advocacy ,honesty, expertise, independence, loyalty and fairness.
Our Public Roles
- Coming up with Public Relations strategies
- Building relationships with the media
- Writing press releases and calling media to generate publicity
- Writing reports on media coverage data
- Overseeing content production (adverts, videos, social media and online PR stunts)
- Arranging press conferences and events
- Overseeing market research
- Bringing in new business opportunities
- Managing client relationships
- Overseeing social media PR strategies
- communicating with key organizations and spokespeople
- Liaising with, and answering enquiries from media, individuals and other organizations, often via telephone and email
- collating and analyzing media coverage
- writing and editing newsletter, case studies, speeches, articles and annual reports
- preparing and supervising the production of publicity brochures, handouts, direct mail leaflets, promotional videos, photographs, films and multimedia programmes
- devising and coordinating photo opportunities
- organizing events including press conferences, exhibitions, open days and press tours
- maintaining and updating information on the University’s website
- managing and updating information and engaging with users on social media sites such as Twitter and Facebook
- Sourcing and managing speaking and sponsorship opportunities
Our International Roles
- The implementation and the creation of an action plan that supports for the University’s Internationalisation duty.
- Developing strategic alliances and managing institutional partnerships and collaborations including our membership of the Worldwide Universities’ Network.
- Working with colleges and departments to develop their international agendas. This includes international agreements, opportunities, information on student exchanges, participation in visits and profile-raising.
- Managing an ongoing schedule of visits by AASTU delegations to institutions in other regions of the world.
- Hosting visits by delegations from international universities and other public bodies to AASTU.
- Working with international alumni and donors, in partnership with the Development and Alumni Relations Office.
- Building international profile for AASTU through visits, media coverage, events and conferences.
- Developing and managing international opportunities for teachers and students.
- Internationalising the campus, the curriculum and services to staff, students, partners and stakeholders.
However, the above Public and International roles are by no means exhaustive lists.