Short term industrial trainings are another service rendered by the UIL&TT Directorate at AASTU.
The following trainings were given to the industries by AASTU:-
- Mud pump, Air compressor, DTH oil lubricator leveling jacks for Ethiopian Water Technology Institute
- Research methods, entrepreneurship and small business management for Ethiopian Meat and Dairy Industry
- Research Methodology and Data Analysis Using SPSS Software for National Alcohol and Liquor Factory
- Electrical Machine and Drive for Metal Industry Development Institute
- Mechatronics for Metal Industry Development Institute
- Environmental Impact assessment for Metaferia Consulting Engineers PLC
- Advanced Industrial automation using PLC for Metal Industry Development Institute
- Technical training for Ethiopian Electric Power Corporation
This training is aimed to improve the knowledge and skills that EEP requires for its technicians and engineers in power sector. Accordingly, AASTU has reached to an agreement with EEP to deliver more than 80 trainings for EEP community in which classroom training along with hands on practice training in a learning environment will be used.
2. Training for YOM Institute of Economic Development Institute(YIED)
This training is on “Project Management on three thematic areas namely General Project planning and management, project planning and management for manufacturing sector and project planning and management for industrial sector”. It is a training program of 5 years to be handled jointly with both YIED and AASTU.