Addis Ababa Science and Technology University, beyond producing skilled human resources for the industry, is doing influential practical research works, giving consultations, participating in national projects and highly engaging in knowledge transfer.
The university is carrying out its national mission by creating more connections with industries and doing joint projects with industries. In connection with this, the university made progress evaluation workshop on its owned Projects at Bishoftu (Debre-Zeit). Currently the university has totally owned 28 projects out of this 18 consultation works, 8 practical researches and 2 are technology transfer projects.
During the review workshop, it has been mentioned that most of the projects are on a good move. In the two days review, all project coordinators presented their existing project statuses and the participants have raised many issues.
The following are the projects which the university takes part in.
· Investigating The Mechanical Property Of Wool/Glass Fiber Hybrid Polymer Matrix Composite For Power House Application
· Protocol Optimization For In Vitro Propagation Of Four Sugarcane Landraces Of Ethiopia
· Automated Case Management System For Addis Ababa City Administration Justice Bureau
· Design, Supervision And Contract Administration Of B+G+15 Building For Police Staff Residence By Dr. Brook Abate
· Ambo And Adama Science And Technology University DC Consultancy Project
· Creation Of Soma Clonal Variants Of Sugarcane (Saccharum Officinarum L For Salt Tolerance
· Resettlement Action Plan (RAP) And Economic Data Collection And Evaluation Of Dambidollo-Lega Loomi (80km) And Darrimesamaro (68 Km) Rural Road Project
· Consultancy Service For Preparation Of National Productivity Norm: For Building Construction Trade In Addis Ababa Construction Management Institute
· Requirement Analysis And Gap Identification Of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) System
· Maintenance System Development For Adama Agricultural Machinery
· Design And Development Of Laboratory Information Management System
· Consultancy Service For Addis Ababa Capital Goods Finance Business S.C. Head Office Building
· Formulation And Preparation Of Plant And Microbial-Based Insecticide
· Production Of Protein Supplemented Injera From Teff And Chickpea
· Gojjam Berenda Corridor Local Development Plan
· Production Of Fertilizers From Solid Waste: A Value-Added Waste Disposal From Ethiopian Tanneries And Meat Industries
· Bulgaria – Kera Tele Corridor Local Development Program Consultancy Service
· Creating Breakthrough Innovations To Tackle Malnutrition And Transform Food Systems
Though most of the projects are on the final lap, the researchers pinpointed that they were facing lots of challenges such as long time taking bid related activities, researchers’ poor incentive packages and high revenue tax deductions which negatively results on the whole project engagements.
It has been pointed out that the university is working to create a sustainable environment for the challenges to fully achieve its vision with diligence and determination.