Anteneh Kindu(PhD), Director
Library Services Directorate
Director, Library Services
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Library and Information Center Directorate
Addis Ababa Science and Technology University Library is established in 2011. It provides services to the university community, serving 7/24.The library automated its resources in the areas of science and technology, mainly Engineering, Science and related disciplines. Hence, students and staff can search books in the library anywhere in the campus through online public access catalog/OPAC/ (172.24.90.249).
The library is rendering the following services:
a)Providing books for spot reading.
b)Lending library resources, such as books, CD ROMs and e: resources to the university community (students, instructors, and external users).
c)Providing internet and e-resource services.
d)Providing consultancy services in the area of library organization and administration.
AASTU library will set up digital library having only e-resources in specific buildings and it will make AASTU Libraries competent enough with similar institutions by 2013 E.C.
AASTU library has the mission of rendering efficient library services mainly in touch with e-resources for students, teachers, administrative staffs and external users, especially the community that are settled around AASTU.
Short and long term plan
Short term plan
- The library is going to sample searching of books using On-line KOHA system.
- Planning to prepare Periodicals and Reference reading areas.
- Optimizing library book collection through purchasing and loan.
- Setting Periodical,Reference and Documentation Centers.
- Organizing Corner Library for PG’s at the Main Library.
Long term plan
- The Library is going to operate Searching of Books Using On-Line KOHA System.
- Planning to have On-Line Access of the 47 Periodicals.
- Optimizing Library Book Collection through Purchasing, Loan, Donation and Exchange.
- Sampling E-Book Servicing.
- Digitizing the Library for Sample Case.
- Organizing Contents and OperatingDigitization.
- Providing On-Line Library Services with Links and Contacts to Similar Libraries nationwide.
- Scanning all publications, especially of books, theses, and dissertations to access for the university community & external users through OPAC (Online – Public Access Catalog).
- Providing On-line Library services with links and contacts to similar libraries in the nation and worldwide.